Adding a new email address to the address-book
Scan to Email is helpful when you need to scan documents for someone who is not in the office, or when you want to easily share information with someone. Inception always recommends scanning documents for yourself and forwarding the scanned email attachment to whoever needs it, just in case the email bounces back, the recipient clicks ‘reply’ or to be able to confirm a read receipt. Please be aware that there may be a scanned document file size limitation, many email servers will only handle emails with a 20MB size or less (approximately 20 full-colour pages).
Steps: 1. In your web browser, type in the network address of your Ricoh copier. If you do not know the address, Hive can provide it. Lately, we have been having trouble navigating the address book in Google Chrome, so you might want to start with Firefox or Internet Explorer instead.
2. Click on Login in the upper right-hand corner.
3. You will be taken to the printer login page. Enter your username and password that has been provided by MPS.
4. On the left-hand menu, click on Address Book. On newer devices, Address Book may be listed under Device Management.
5. On the Address Book menu, click on Add User.
6. When adding a new user, not everything will need to be filled out. I have outlined the parts to pay attention to. You will want to fill out Name, Key Display, User Code (for devices that have copying and scanning restricted by user code), Functions available to the user code, and Email Address for scanning. The User Code should be assigned randomly and not based on a FERPA-protected identifier (UKID or SSN) or any easily-identified piece of information. We have seen room numbers or phone numbers used in user codes, and this allows people to very easily guess each other’s codes and potentially abuse that to make unauthorized/untracked copies.
7. Once you have filled out all the information in the last step, scroll down and click OK.
Adding an additional email address to the address book
You can register frequently used e-mail addresses in the address book. This section explains how to register e-mail addresses in the address book.
Android Touch Screen:
Press the [User Tools/Counter] key, and then press [System Settings].
Press the [Administrator Tools] tab.
Press [Address Book Management].
Press [New Program], and then enter the necessary information.
You can register the e-mail address in groups.
For details about registering e-mail addresses in the address book, see “Registering Addresses and Users for Facsimile/Scanner Functions”, Network and System Settings Guide.
You can also register e-mail addresses in the address book using Web Image Monitor or SmartDeviceMonitor for Admin. For details about how to display Web Image Monitor or install SmartDeviceMonitor for Admin, see “Monitoring and Configuring the Printer”, Network and System Settings Guide. For details about registering addresses in the address book, see Web Image Monitor or SmartDeviceMonitor Help.
Depending on the machine type, you may not be able to use the machine when it is updating the address book using CSV files (retrieved using SmartDeviceMonitor for Admin) that contain user codes.
Encrypted files can be sent by e-mail only to destinations for which decryption is set. For details about sending encrypted files by e-mail, see “Security Settings to E-mails”.